Friday, February 12, 2010

Virtuosity

Sometimes as I eat pistachios, I think about what it takes to make it as a musician.  If it's money you're after, then you need to get hooked up with the right management, look the part, and play what your management asks you to play.  I know what you are thinking...hey, could that be conceived as "selling out?"  Maybe, but it's nice to live in a house and eat, isn't it?!  Still, I keep thinking that it would be more satisfying if you could play what you want to play, and at a level where every idea in your head could make it's way onto your instrument.  I hope there is always a market for that, I guess we'll see.  Here is a guy who can throw it down like that...Loren Stillman is up with this thing:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, Buster Brown!