Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Enter the exit music.

No need blow the dust off this one. This is Brad Mehldau on the piano. This is a Radiohead cover called "Exit Music (for a film)". Why not? Jazz doesn't have to be the standards of yesteryear. When I jog I listen to "Rage Against the Machine" (not sure why, latent aggression or something), and I was thinking wouldn't that be interesting for big band? I was also thinking maybe some rap with a small jazz band backing it up. Why not some Dave Matthews (Yorktown alum) tunes, or even Justin Timberlake reharmonized or something. Do you have a band, try this, and let us know how it works out for you. Maybe put us in your liner notes if you're famous...Mrs. Kluga and Mr. Whalen's blog shaped my life's direction. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, Buster Brown!